A friend recently recommended that I start a blog of my stories. I have tried this before, but I have found myself thwarted by computers that had limited lifespans and I have lost them.

I am hoping that soon I will be able to add pictures to these stories. Pictures add so much to stories. We loved pictures when we were little in children's books and we can see that posts online that have pictures often times draw more attention than those with just text.

It seems that stories without pictures need more substance. Do I have the substance to capture your attention? I really don't know, but I will just be honest and share and let you decide if you want to follow.

Tonight one of the next door neighbor's children came over to see if I had money to pay him to do chores for me. I don't have money at this time for that, so I told him when I have money I will let him know, but he didn't want to go back home. I told him that I was not able to sell any of my artwork at this time and that brought us to the artwork that I do and what I am planning on doing in the future.

I brought out my Dremel tool and a wood piece that I plan on carving and the next thing I know one of his brothers and two of his sisters are gathered around as well, asking questions. 

We live in a time that we have to even be careful of our neighbors though. No one is safe when it comes to our children. When I was young we had neighbors who were an old Swedish couple and we used to go over there and as a little half Norwegian she was teaching me how to make Swedish food and even speak Swedish. This did not please my Norwegian father, but he did not protest too much. That was the worst that most people were troubled with back then as far as their neighbors went. Now there are so many things that people have to be concerned about. I won't go into that here, yet.

There are still older people that have stories to tell and skills to teach the younger ones. Get to know them.

Comments